22 June 2017
Jonathan is leading a series of workshops for NIFHA promoting a better understanding of housing association finances.
The workshops will be particularly relevant for new board members, existing board members and senior staff who could benefit from being more aware of how the finances of a housing association work.
At the end of this introductory workshop, participants will be better able to:
• identify the main financial risks to their organisation;
• understand the layout and meaning of financial statements;
• realise their particular role and responsibility in how the financial affairs of a housing association are conducted;
• understand the importance of proper financial reporting at Board level;
• understand the difference between surplus and cash, and identify potential problems ahead;
• know the external reporting requirements of a housing association board;
• identify financial strategies, policies and principles to protect organisations and boards;
• understand how treasury activities work for housing associations.
Please contact Jonathan for further details, or if you would like to tailor this type of workshop to suit the particular circumstances of your organisation.